Thursday, February 22, 2007

That Old Black Magic, or is it Red, White & Blue

This NHL trading deadline thing is like waiting for Godot.
Tick tick, let's go already !
Give me some damn names !
This is Montreal after all, so we all know Bob Gainey is not likely
to be able to do his job without our input.
And we all know what he would do with our input once received.
That would certainly be an uncomfortable spot to accept our info !
But, what the hell...
Here goes.

If I were a Habs fan....
Trade them all !
Every last free agent to be.
Sheldon Souray...Gone !
Craig Rivet...Gone !
Markov, Aebischer, Bonk.
Gone, gone, gone !

This curse on the Habs is my fault.
Tortured by them and their Cups every damn year !
I hated them.
Let their fans find out how the other half lives I wished !
Enough is enough.
I've ended up torturing MYSELF.

Forced to watch this mediocrity season after season.
Someone much smarter than I might have described this,
hoping for the last playoff spot year after year
as having your feet firmly planted in the air.

Mr. Gainey,
Please.
Do what you have to do.
I've seen all I care to of the second and third line players this organization has rolled out for the better part of a decade.
This NHL is built on cheap labour.
Get the inexpensive ones that deliver and you can afford the expensive ones that bring riches.
If the hurt of missing the playoffs in the present means battling for a cup in the future.
Hab fans will thank you then.

YOUR problem of course is that general managers that miss playoffs at the Bell Center
don't get to do that twice !
MY Problem is, I'm getting old,
and can't remember how to remove this curse.
I guess it's up to you !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice post pls visit r black magic product secred http://blackmagicproduct.blogspot.com http://rakshakavach.blogspot.com see our guruji"s Web site www.dhyansanjivani.org