Thursday, March 1, 2007

Looking in my Cristobal

Well Hab fans, what you've got is what you've got.
No plastic surgeon is coming in to perk up those drooping goal scorers.
There's no goalie-lift for the sagging situation left behind by M. Huet's hamstring.
No botox injection for their season long five on five ineptness.

Before the season started,
I thought this was a team that would squeeze into the playoffs.
I didn't like the wasted dollars (Almost $4 million) placed in the hands of the tendered Mike Ribiero and David Aebischer.
I hoped youngsters Chris Higgins, Mike Komisarek, Alex Perezhogin & Thomas Plekanec would continue with their improvement, not to mention the wild card up front in Latendresse.
Count me among those who did not predict that Sergei Samsonov would be almost a total bust.
I Thought Cristobal would help drag them through to the post season.

Goaltending, Goaltending, Goaltending.
As the Habs battle for extra time this season,
can you honestly say they are better than:
Pittsburgh or Atlanta ?
The goaltending of Rick Dipietro after the addition of Ryan Smyth makes The Islanders better.
That leaves Carolina, The Leafs and maybe the Rangers.
I can's say the Habs are better than any of those...or worse for that matter.

Buckle up !
It's going to be a bumpy ride.
Expect more wins like the one at Nashville and more duds like the one at MSG.
When you rely on special teams and goaltending that's what happens.
And when you don't have your goaltender......

4 comments:

Rick.TheBluesFan said...

Man , I'm thrilled these days ! I'm thrilled to see the sadness and consternation in the eyes of the Habs fans .
Yet , it is very simple , as long as the Bell Center will be full no matter how crappy the teams will be , No Money and no effort will be done to improve this team . I ear all these fans crying on the various Team 990 shows that Gainey is this and Carbo is that and that Samsonov is a slacker ( wich I knew and told my buddies when Mtl gave him is new Ferrari ) and all you habs fans have to do to get a good team is to STOP GOING TO THE BELL CENTER !! Stop encouraging them , stop going nuts when ever Kovalev is entering the other teams zone . On second thought , don't stop ( and they won't ) this way , I'll still get beers for free , gifts from my Habs buddies , betting on the habs .
Well I can say my team ( the Blues )is better , at least they are trying to get better ( and they will ).

PS: New listener for about 6 months now , great show , my car radio dial won't move ever again !

Rick The Blues Fan
Lacolle Qc

Unknown said...

As much as I would like to have seen the Habs make a trade...this team has just too many flaws to be addressed with 1 trade.

We were fooled by the Habs' fast start as well as Ottawa's slow one but this team is a flawed one. A top 4 team cannot get outshot every game, they cannot be outscored (GF 191 GA 200)and they have to score 5 on 5. Once those needs are addressed we'll see a much better team - at the same time they can't all be addressed with 1 trade.

I think Gainey will use the draft to swing a trade and use the Rivet first rounder as leverage....until then I still have confidence in Gainey

JJ FRENCH said...

I agree wholeheartedly with Rick.thebluemangroupfan. As long as all the asses keep filling the seats and accepting the mediocrity that Gillette keeps presenting, then it shall remain the status quo. I think that habstalk commerical should go " 24 Stanley Cups.........But None in 14 years!" to relect the reality of the situation.

Habs fans need to vote with their feet and dollars- money talks and bullshit walks. Why improve a product when the masses are happy with the crap you're already feeding them?

(oYo) Hooray for boobies.

Coldblue said...

I feel it people...the agony of the Hab fans...I know I know people say it doesnt hurt as much as I watch Liverpool play from my hottub filled with 12 year old scotch, yea it stings but your body tingles afterwards..hold on readers...Bob ?? Bob ?? BOB !!! where are we in the standings ??? which one ? English premier or NHL ? I am bloggin on the team 990 website...BOB BOB leave my hand alone...I need my fingers to pour more Chablis..." anyways people, I know we will be fine, Saku will come through with AK27 in tow...and so will the Red Gunners or whatever they call my favorite team.

yours truly

jsut figure out some noble name...I will be Sir'ed soon