Saturday, February 3, 2007

Superb Bowl

Another Super Bowl and it's getting hard to remember them all.
I don't remember the first 2 but the Joe Namath guarantee in III was for the ages.
Without looking them up, here are some random remembrances:
Broncos Craig Morton was a ragdoll, Cowboys Jerry Smith dropping a sure TD,
my beloved Raiders finally winning the big one on my birthday, thank you John Madden.
Kicker Garo Yepremium tries to throw a pass but the Dolphins are perfect anyway.
Wide right, Rams stop 'em on the goal line and 2 more Raider championships.
Lots of Steelers, Niners & Cowboys.

When I was a kid, you had two leagues to choose from.
I Had my Raiders in the AFL and yes the Colts were in the NFL.
After the merger I kind of lost the Colts when they moved into the AFC
seemed silly to have 2 teams in the same conference.
I'll cheer on Indy but I don't really care who wins.


After Thursday's Hab game in Pittsbugh,
I'm anticipating the Penguins afternoon affair as much as the football game,
that's how good that last one was.
Unless the Habs are playing, generally, I would pick any NFL game over the NHL.
And before the new rules last season,
I stopped watching the NHL altogether.

I used to know when pitchers and catchers reported.

Gotta go play with the kids.

No comments: