Monday, May 28, 2007

Let's Get It On

The worm has turned.
Thanks to the Ottawa Senators & the Anaheim Ducks,
not to mention the bunglers at the NBA offices, my attention has been grabbed away.
I'm ready !
Ready for one of the best Stanley Cup finals in years.
No Oilers and Hurricanes to force early risers to sleep this time around.

Alfredsson, Spezza & Heatley bring it now.
Pronger, Niedermayer & Beauchemin try and stop them.
Giguere, win a Conn Smythe and a cup this time around.
Emery, grab the respect they've been giving everyone else.
He'll be the most maligned Stanley Cup winning netminder since Chris Osgood.

Give me a few moments boys, let's have some lasting memories.
Quickly, which was the last in the final that stayed with you ?


Raise your hand if you selected John Lackey to be the first in the majors to 8 wins.
Hands down, Jake Peavy of San Diego is the best pitcher in baseball.
Johan Santana is about to close the gap however
His career record in the first two months of the season is 19-16 and true to form this year he is hovering around that winning percentage again.
From June first on he is 133-67….Look Out !

Go Lebron
this is the only chance that the NBA final will be somewhat entertaining.
The Pistons and Spurs just don't move me.
I want to see some spectacular offense.
I want the Phoenix Suns.
The NBA, NHL, NFL and MLB have a habit of building teams that mimic previous champions.
More Phoenix Suns is what I want, less Pistons and Spurs.

Vote for Russell Martin !

I've got questions !

When can I watch Jamarcus Russell ?
When can I watch Kevin Garnett in an NBA final ?
When will the Black Hawks make the playoffs again ?
When will the Canadiens win a playoff series again ?
When will a Hab once again reach 100 points in a season ?
When can I watch Carey Price as a Hab ?
When will I break 80 ?
Why do I still love baseball ?
Did I miss the Indianapolis 500 ?
When can I watch Jonathon Toews ?
Why did Roger Clemens decide on the Yankees ?
What did the Rocket eat to look like that ?
Did I miss the Memorial Cup ?

And by the way, since I picked Ottawa before the season and before the playoffs
I think it might be a good idea to stay with them.
Go Sens !

No comments: